If you are a movie fan who gets fancy with watching DVD movies on your Mac or portable players, DVD ripping software is a must have for you. And there are huge amount of Mac DVD Ripper on the market now. It is so hard for you to tell which one is good or bad before you test it. To choose the best Mac DVD Ripper software, what need to be taken into consideration is the capacity to decrypt any DVD, the output format range, program stability, ripping speed, output quality, user customization, and user friendly level.
Here our review experts have tested the top three DVD Ripper for Mac and made a comparison between them to help you decide which one is the best to meet your needs.
Now, let's see the top three Mac DVD ripping software from the above perspectives.
Handbreak 0.9.4 for Mac (Freeware)
- It is a freeware, free of charge
- Rip movies and TV shows from DVDs to watch on Mac
- Come with a tone of built-in settings for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, PSP, PS3
- Ease to use, even less finicky users can usually convert DVDs with just a single click
- Can be very slow on older machines
- May have trouble with DVDs made using camcorders and other apps
- It only supports MKV and MP4 as output formats
- You can't edit your DVD videos like trim, crop, merge, add effects, etc.
Note: If you are a Windows user, please refer to DVD Ripper for Windows.
- Support ripping any DVD including CSS protected DVD.
- Support all the popular video & audio formats as well as HD videos
- Extract audio from DVD and convert to any popular audio format
- Fully compatible with any popular multimedia devices like iPad, iPod, iPhone, PSP
- Come with many video editing features like trim, crop, merge and add effects, etc.
- Optimized settings like resolution, encoder, bit rate for various multimedia devices
- Select the subtitle and audio track
- Ease to use, fast speed to rip DVD with excellent quality
- It doesn't support the input of ISO file.
- You can't add the subtitle to DVD video.
uSeesoft DVD Ripper for Mac (Shareware)
- Rip DVD video to video formats including MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, M4V, 3GP, MPG, MPEG, FLV
- Extract DVD audio to various audio files and convert DVD audio to MP3, M4A, AAC, AC3, MKA
- Support many portable players like iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune and mobile phone and presets many parameters for portable player
- Edit video with edit function like trim, crop, add effect
- Easy interface, fast conversion speed and excellent quality
- It doesn't support ripping CSS protected DVD.
- Only support limited video and audio formats.
- You can't take a screenshot of your favorite picture form DVD.
- It doesn't support merge multiple videos into one.
In a word, all of them are good enough to help you deal with common DVD ripping. But if your need HD supporting, subtitle adjustment and more personalized settings from the DVD Ripping software, DVD Ripper for Mac will be an excellent choice for you.
Buy DVD Ripper for Mac($39.00)
Download DVD Ripper for Mac