Watching your favorite DVD movies on your portable iPhone/iPad/iPod, etc. on the go will be a good experience. Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't support the DVD format. In order to import DVD movies to your iTunes library and then sync with your iDevices, you need to convert DVD to iTunes supported video formats like MP4 and MOV.
In this article, two ways to rip DVD to iTunes are introduced. Just keep reading to find the best way to transfer DVD to videos for iTunes/iPhone/iPad/iPod.
To import DVD movies to iTunes, just use DVD Ripper, a nice and intuitive DVD converter that can help you rip both homemade and commercial DVD to iTunes format and other popular video/audio formats like WMV, AVI, FLV, MKV, MP3, OGG, etc. fast and losslessly. If you are using Mac OS and want to copy DVD movies to iTunes on Mac, you can refer to Mac DVD Ripper.
The main interface of DVD Ripper is as below:
You can complete the conversion in just three simple steps:
1. Load the DVD files you want to convert for iTunes to the program by clicking "Load DVD" and select the corresponding DVD files.
2. Click Profile to choose .MP4 as the output format for iTunes. You are also allowed to customize frame rate, bit rate, resolution, encoder, etc in the settings.
3. Click "Start" to convert DVD for your iTunes, iPad, iPhone and iPod.
Here is the video tutorial on how to convert DVD files to iTunes supported video formats:
Make sure you have VLC installed on your computer. If not, download it from its official website download VLC at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/. Note that VLC can't handle copyright protected commercial DVD movies and the output video quality is not good. If you have some protected DVD movies and want to add them to iTunes or want to get better quality videos, please refer to Part 1.
1. Insert the DVD disc to your computer hard drive and launch VLC media player. Click Media > Open Disc and the below window will pop up, where you can select the Disc device you want to rip.
2. Check DVD to make sure the disc device field specifies to the optical drive with the DVD, select the output format as MP4 and click Convert/Save to start ripping. When the conversion completes, open your iTunes and transfer the ripped DVD movies to your iTunes library and then sync them to your iPhone/iPad/iPod.