Floola is a freeware application to efficiently manage your iPod or your Motorola mobile phone (any model supporting iTunes) under Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. It can be run directly from your iPod and needs no installation. Take a look at the feature list to find out what it can do and feel free to suggest anything that might be missing.
- Cross plattform – Works on any Windows (98 and above), any Mac and any linux distribution with GTK installed.
- No installation required – Put the application on iPod and launch it on any PC, immediately
- Copy – add and extract songs to and from iPod
- Playlists – Easily manage, import and export (m3u, pls) playlists
- Last.fm – Join the social music revolution
- Localization – Available in different languages
- Lyrics – Lyric support even on older iPods (3G and above).
- Search for duplicates – Easily find duplicated songs on iPod.
- Search lost files – Easily find songs lost in your iPod
- Artwork – Add artwork to your songs easily
- Export to HTML – Create HTML files containing list of your iPod files
- Fix iPod – Did a software mess up your iPod? Fix it!
- Notes – Manage notes.
- Music – Play iPod´s music
Requirements (Floola for iPod only)
If you freshly formatted or restored your iPod, you’ll need to run iTunes once and copy at least one song. Under Windows and Mac OS X Floola for iPod may ask you to setup your iPod automatically. If you prefer you can do this manually as described below:
- set your iPod to work as a Hard. It’s also suggested to uncheck the Open iTunes when this iPod is attached option.
- set iTunes to manage songs manually.
- If you own a new iPod model (nano with video, iPod classic 6G or newer), you’ll find the fwid associated with your iPod as described in the Startup section
Floola for iPod stable
Use Floola for iPod to manage your iPod music library. Works with almost any iPod version (check documentation for supported devices) and runs on any OS without installation.
Floola for Desktop stable
If you don’t own an iPod or you want to manage your PC music library then Floola for Desktop is the application for you. Runs on any OS without installation.